Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy New Year!

Okay, okay - a little late, I know. 3 days...4 days...who's counting?

So the past several days we've been getting CoM and LB ready to head back to school. The shirts are the wrong color and I ordered them online, so no receipt. I decided to try to dye them. They're a couple shades of royal blue darker but not the navy blue for which I was going. Back to the drawing board there...

Bad news for LB - the neurologist suggested that my 5 year old fakes having a seizure during her sleep at night. Even though we've taken video and pictures, we've talked to her - he even gave her an ekg in which he himself stated that she had frontal lobe activity. I think it's time for a second opinion. We're still waiting to hear from Children's Medical Services whether or not we still qualify for their assistance and if so, whether or not they'll approve a second opinion - maybe even consult with their neuro who travels down from Atlanta.

In other news, CoM has spent the day doing research on the Solar System - something she has been fascinated with since she was about 3. She shrieked when I told her I wanted a 3 page report. Then sat down and has written several pages of: notes.

So I'm looking into colleges for the Master's program in Psychology/Counseling. I want to focus on children, play/art therapy, and I want to be able to get my Psy D. Any suggestions?

How are you ringing in the new year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments, ideas and suggestions are most appreciated. Please feel free to leave positive critiques :)
We are all fearfully & wonderfully made, so let's see how much of that wonderful we can share!