Monday, April 9, 2012

Fearfully and Wonderfully Made

Physical Education
Bodies in Motion – written for an upper-level P.E. class that ran away with a life of its own.
If you have a Wii, PS2/PS3 or an XBOX Kinect, it will be easy to keep track of your weight, calories burned and your overall “points”.

This table is for your personal use. Turn it in at the end of the week to show your progress.
Week Start Date
Target Weight (Gain or Loss)*
Healthy Eating &
Healthy Snacks
Time Spent on Exercise
Activity
Calories Burned
Hours of Sleep per Night
Week End Date
 (Date)






 (Date)

















































* For target weight gain – I weighed 110-115 at the beginning of the school year. While I’m in a healthy weight, I needed to gain a few more pounds. 120-125 is the topmost of my target weight and that’s what I aimed for; I now hover between 118-125. While I’ve gained the weight I needed, I now need to tone and strengthen. So that’s what my personal workout routine is geared toward. I am also “border-line diabetic” so I have to control my eating habits.
Our bodies convert natural sugars into energy. Protein and calcium help our bodies keep the sugars in balance. I currently have a Vitamin-D/Calcium deficiency because my body cannot process protein properly, so end up with a build-up of too much excess. This excess of junk in my body leads to fatigue, dizziness/syncopation, fuzzy thinking and mis-speaking. Exercise helps our bodies regulate our internal functions, our chemical make-up and needs, better. Healthy eating helps our bodies get the necessary nutrients: vitamins, minerals, etc., that they require. Sleep also helps our bodies recover and rejuvenate. We expend loads of energy and our bodies need to replenish the energy. Our bodies also need to rest. When our bodies and our minds can rest, we are recharged, renewed, and ready to face the new day.
The Bible tells us that God’s mercies are new every morning*. It also tells us that we can rest in Jesus by giving Him our burdens*. When we become overwhelmed by our busy-ness or are anxious about our upcoming exams, work deadlines or other obligations, we tend to forget to rest. We waste our energy on worrying about the things we cannot control. So practice letting go of the excess build-up of junk in our bodies, all the chemicals, the poisons and the mixed emotions our anxiety produces within us, and find your rest*. Go work out, read a good book, study the Bible, enjoy a nice cuppa, listen to some praise and worship music or something that relaxes the soul, and enter into the presence of our Lord. 

For my non-Believer friends, you, too, can find physical rest by exercising, reading a good book, relaxing with a cuppa and enjoying some music. Take a bubble bath. Experiment with aromatherapy. Pamper yourself with items found around the house.
When you realize that there’s more, that the stress and anxiety are too much to handle alone, you can always call or email me! I would love to share the peace that passes all human knowledge and understanding*. There’s a free listening ear here, or a shoulder to cry on, laughs to be had, friendship to share. Know, too, that you are always in my thoughts and prayers.

One of my favorite ways to “rest” is to put on some boogie music and let go with my girls. We dance the stress away, even if it’s only for 5-10 minutes. I especially like to put on the praise & worship, dance to the good stuff, and then have a session of worship where we Sign our prayers and praise. 

What’s one of your favorite ways to de-stress at the end of the day or workweek? Or your favorite blends of joe or tea?



*God’s mercies are new every morning: Lamentations 3:22-23

 Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail.
 They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness.
*Jesus gives us rest: Matthew 11:28-30
 “Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
*Let go of anxiety: Philippians 4:6-9
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you
 *Peace beyond human comprehension: Philippians 4:7; Ephesians 3:14-21
For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.  Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

New International Version. Biblegateway.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments, ideas and suggestions are most appreciated. Please feel free to leave positive critiques :)
We are all fearfully & wonderfully made, so let's see how much of that wonderful we can share!